http://runnersdiary.webs.com/AilesDeLAmourW.jpg

30.1.11

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

I am a lemming. Not really, but I thought I would jump on the bandwagon. The winter weather is driving me crazy and I need to mix up my workouts a bit. Others seemed to have some mild success with the 30 Day Shred DVD, so why not give it a try? With my super saving deal I purchased this and 6 Week 6 Pack for only $9.

I am going to keep a running tally of my 30 day's in this post. It should be noted that I am also mixing in my traditional running and weight workouts. This is only going to be a supplement to my regular training schedule.

Let's rock it out!

DAY 1, LEVEL 1: Did not realize I needed hand weights. Need to buy some of those. Oops. Temporary replacement, two cans of corn. It worked. I can feel it in my biceps, triceps, biceps femoris and sartorius muscles. This may also be from my 5 mile run last night, but I suspect the lunges in the workout have something to do with the it all. Surprisingly, after 20 minutes I actually did work up a bit of a sweat.

DAY 2, LEVEL 1: I messed up my calve muscles and was walking around all day with the "saddle walk". Since I was so cramped up this morning, I waited to do the workout in the evening. Still did not buy weights, so the corn cans had to do. A twitter buddy suggested, "Cans work... so do water bottles.. and if you are feeling adventurous gallon jugs :)" To which I replied, "I'm only up to half gallon jugs o_0" I'm waiting for the 6-pack to develop, but alas, right now I will settle for my calve muscles cooperating.

DAY 3, LEVEL 1: I was a slacker and didn't do it. Okay, not really a slacker, I ran 7 miles and think that qualifies as enough cardio. Back to the grind tomorrow though.

DAY 4, LEVEL 1: I went out today and purchased some cheap 3 lb hand weights. Apparently they do make the exercises more difficult than cans of corn. Who knew? And to think, I almost sprung a couple extra bucks for the 5 lb weights. Thank goodness I am cheap because my arms were crying at the end. I also decided to multitask a bit and watch the season finale of "Downton Abbey" on PBS with Jillian on mute on my computer. FYI ~ Jillian is just as effective as a trainer with or without volume.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment