http://runnersdiary.webs.com/AilesDeLAmourW.jpg

11.1.11

Mental v. Physical



Some truth in advertising in this title, this is pretty darn funny. And I needed that.

I will take the adage that laughter is the best medicine, because at this point nothing else is helping to get rid of the monster off all head colds.

This does not bode well for the start of my marathon training plan. Or my sleep schedule. But I am more upset about the marathon training.

Half of me is screaming to go out and get the runs in anyway. That is the ambitious half. The sickly half is throwing snot tissues at the ambitious half and snuggling up on the couch and prepping to watch the Biggest Loser.

Rest. Fluid. Foods. That is all I am allowing myself until this thing passes. No reason to make it worse. I'm battling physical health versus mental health right now. You win this round physical, my mental side sneers, but when we hit mile 20 during the marathon, you'll be glad I'm around.

Don't worry, I'll keep you busy mental side. Let's go watch that YouTube video again.

No comments:

Post a Comment